The 2nd National Allied Health Professionals Conference (AHPCON-2016) of the Joint Forum of Medical Technologists of India (JFMTI), was organized on 22nd-23rd February, 2016, at Jawahar Lal Nehru, Auditorium-AIIMS, New Delhi (India) during the Diamond Jubilee Year of the Institute. More than 850 delegates/ faculty attended the conference. The theme of Conference was “Proposed Regulatory Framework and Future Roadmap for Revamping of Allied Health Professions under NIAHS (Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India Initiative)”.
AHPCON-2016 was second biennial, in series of its kind, National Scientific and Professional event organized jointly by all major unregulated Allied Health Professions representing JFMTI with an objective of deliberating upon the common national health issues related to the betterment of allied health sciences and medical technology professions in India. In addition to professional discussions, more than 100 Scientific papers including Poster and Plenary presentations were presented during conference on different AHP topics.
The Conference was a great academic feast, organized for the benefit of all allied health professionals from Medical Laboratory Technology, Radiology Technology, Radiation Therapy Technology, Operation Theatre Technology, Cardiology Technology, Neurology Technology, Dialysis Technology including Teaching faculty and students in order to exchange the knowledge about their professions, face to face.
- A galaxy of distinguished guests and dignitaries from Ministry of Health, Government of India including Chief Guest Sh. Ali R Rizvi, Joint Secretary Health, M.H & F.W, Government of India
- Sh. V Srinivas Deputy Director Administration
- Dr. D.K. Sharma, Medical Superintendent, AIIMS, New Delhi
- Dr.Surendra K Verma. Prof, Pathology, JIPMER, Puducherry
- Dr.Narender Saini, former Secretary General, IMA
- Dr.Y.P.Bhatia, MD, ASTRON Hospital & Healthcare
- Dr. S. Hukku, Chairman, Radiotherapy
- BLK Super-specialty, Hospital
- Dr.A.K.Anand, Director, Radiotherapy, Max Hospital
- Dr.Indu Singh, Assoc. Prof. Griffith University, Australia
- Mr.Dionysis Vourtsis, President, Greek Med. Lab. Technologists Association and official Representative of American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP) USA
- Mr.Filipe Moura, Decobertas, Lisbon ESTRO RTTC
- Dr.B.K.Rana, joint Director, NABH, Quality Council of India, New Delhi and many other important faculty/officials from different health institutions of New Delhi and adjoining states attended and graced function of AHPCON-16 on 22nd Feb. 2016. Dr. Jagdish Prasad, Directorate General of Health Services, MH&FW, GOI, New Delhi, was the chief guest for the concluding valedictory session of conference on 23 Feb., 2016.
Dignitaries present on the occasion released a Souvenir cum Abstract Book of AHPCON-2016. Chief Guest, Sh. Ali R Rizvi, Joint Secretary Health, MH & FW, GOI, New Delhi, along with other dignitaries congratulated efforts taken by JFMTI in organising such a conference of common interest for the betterment of allied health sciences and applauded the vision behind the mission AHPCON of JFMTI. He extended his whole hearted support for all key issues raised by the JFMTI for standardization of education and services. He also announced that very shortly a comprehensive syllabus for all streams of Allied Health Profession will be uploaded on the website of Ministry of Health for streamlining Allied Health Professional’s Medical Education, in India.
It is pertinent to mention that Joint forum of Medical Technologists of India (JFMTI) is an apex, professional, registered organization of Indian Allied Health Professionals’ Associations, representing all major streams of Allied Health Sciences and Medical Technology from all over India. Since its inception, JFMTI has been striving hard for establishment of a central regulatory framework for all major unregulated streams of allied health sciences and medical technology in India. JFMTI is a member of Global Health Workforce Alliance (GHWA) under World health Organisation and other international health organizations and is actively engaged in standardization, advancement and for the betterment of Allied Health Sciences in India. It has provided professional support and submission on various occasions to the Government, about all professional, educational, human resources in health regulatory issues and pay commissions of AHPs of India, for the upliftment of allied health sciences.
The Conference was a great success with productive scientific event including a Techno-quiz for student Forum and memorable cultural evening attended by the all allied Health professionals coming from all parts of the country.
V.P Cum Org. Chairperson
|Mr. Kaptan Singh Sehrawat|
Org. Secretary cum G. Secretary